About Me

My photo
I am a full- time mum of 2 under 4year olds! I have a 'little' obsession with makeup. I don't even have to wear it. I just like having it!

Vintagestarglam.

I'm a twenty somthing with a 'mild' obsession with makeup and clothes. Here you will be able to see my attempts to organise the Chaos of my erratic mind and condense it's contents onto these virtual pages of LUST LISTS....

Saturday 1 May 2010

Review; Barry M Natural Dazzle compact



For some time now I have had the Barry M Natural Dazzle Compact in my collection. For the large part it has remained un-used as I am so pale, it was unsuitable for me to use as a contour without it being obvious. I have dry sking and so prefer to use a cream bronzer for bronzing up my complexion and i have been using the Benefit somekinda gorgeous to do that. (I know I know, It's supposed to be a foundation. Further proof that I am so pale!)
However, Just lately I have been using a different moisturiser than normal before I go to bed and in the morning I apply 2 layers of my ususl day cream. (I will do a seperate review on these products later). My Skin had more then thanked me for it. I first started my new routine after exfoliating. (over a week ago) and I've not needed to exfoliate since. By now I would have needed to exfoliate at least another 4 times (AT LEAST!!).
So I have been able to get away with using more of my powder products and have come back to this all time fave. I apply it using a NARS bronzer brush andit's the perfect combo.
I am still too pale to use it as a contour, but I have been lightly dusting it across my cheeks, forhead, chin and nose (remembering to connect it down my neck) to give an all over glow. And I can honestly say I LOVE THIS! For some one so pale with dry skin to love something 'universal' (which usually means too dark) and powdery, is a fair achievement to say the least!
But it just looks so natural. I love that it's matt. If I want a bronze tan effect to look natural, I don't want shimmer ALL over my entire face. I may apply a second shimmery product JUST across my cheeks but NO WHERE ELSE. other wise it just looks WRONG!
Anyhoo, I love the NARS-esque packaging. I love the staying power. I just really rate this product. And if I can pull it off, anyone can!
Who needs Laguna anyway?

Verdict;
9/10

Barry M- You've done it again! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog