Sunday, 5 September 2010
On another note, I am also starting school.....well a fashion and photography makeup course anyway... I am soon to be an officially qualified MUA!!! Wooop! I got my insurance sorted over the weekend as I am doing a weding on saturday the 11th. A bride, Mother of the bride and 2 bridesmaids makeup! I'm quite nervous as it's my first official job eeeeeeeeee!
I have also been giving the elf products I received a few weeks ago a fair trial and I can say it very hit and miss... somethings I love and somthing are well..... pants really! Official review coming soon...
I have much to update on but right now I need to go and gargle some aspirin.... think the tonsil ulcers are a result of being majorly run down... job/son starting school/course starting/generall household chores-mother-ness/AND youtube/blogging = not so easy... WHERE IS ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD???
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
My reception (first year at school, aged 4) class photo;
(Click to enlarge) See if you can guess which one I am?
Extra points if you can guess the year... Just look at what my teacher (top left) is wearing... that might just give it away!
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
On that note, amazingly, and also unexpectedly I have noticed that there are now 13 little faces at the side of my Blog now?
Does this mean there are 13 people who actually read my stange little ramblings? I find that so weird!! I don't know why, as obviously I enjoy reading the musings of others, but for someone to find what I have to say interesting enough to follow this blog... well, all I can say is you must all be raving!! haha! But Thankyou! It's lovely to know I'm connecting with the world while I'm stuck in this small pitiful excuse for a city.
I'm sure not many of you know, that my reasons for originally starting a youtube channel and this blog, (aside from my obsession and passion for makeup and beauty... and the fact I spent all the spare time I had scrapbooking paper cutouts from magazines of makeup/clothes/pretty things...-anyone else do that?-my boyf and mother-in-law think this makes me weird!?!?) Anyhoo the other reason, was to connect with adults and other like minded people. I have two boys you see. They are lovely little mites and I adore being a mum. I absolutley Love it. I think It may just be my calling in life... BUT that said, that's not all there is to me! None of my real-world friends share my passion for makeup..... well apart from the bestie, but it's hard to keep up with her on a regular basis. She's living an exciting, highflying life of a 20 somthing, with no kids or real responsibilities as are most of my friends. As a result, I feel a bit left behind. A bit our of the loop and a bit well,........ frumpy! I don't regret my decision to start my family so young! Far from it! It was the making of me. I was drifting through a sea of choices I didn't know haow to make.. drowning really. I was set for uni to study art and english without a clue what I wanted to do with it... the only thing that felt certain to me, was the lovely wonderful boyfriend... and having our children young is just what was right for us. People disagreed, but we knew what we were doing and In my family life I couldn't be happier. But socially, I am hungry for adult conversation... My 4 year old is very clever and he holds conversations really well for his age, but truthfully, at the end of the day, there's only so much I have to say on the subject of Ben10, star wars the clone wars and transformers!
This was just supposed to be a little outlet for me to have some 'me' time and indulge in my passion... so I'm so glad that I now have like minded people to sahre it with! TRUST ME when I say, there are few bloggers outh there who will apreciate their followers/subscribers comments and feedback more than I.....
By the way, Emma, I got the idea for this little thankyou ramble after reading yours.. as I too was struggling to find a way to thank the new faces that keep appearing!
Sunday, 22 August 2010
This is me with my sister in law at new year, a couple of years back. It was fancy dress and we wanted to go as somthing original, so we went as colours!
This was my parents babysitting for me and my boyf to have a night out around the time of my 22nd birthday. We went for a quiet drink and a game of pool as I was having a joint party whith the boyf's little bro who's bday is also in June and we were hiring a club. I was putting my heels on before heading out.
chillin in the garden this may. The first day that actually felt like summer for almost 3 years!
This was a night out many years ago (about 6) I'm in the back ground holding hands with my friend Joe. The boyf is wearing white t-shirt in the bottom left hand corner, and the bestie mate is in bottom right chatting to a lad I went to school with.....
And here is me with the same bestie mate from april earlier this year on another more recent night out;
This was my mum with Huey when he was only a couple of months old. She's glowing. Like a really happy/proud grandmother. I love this photo so much!
This is me on holliday the first holliday we had after having Huey (Izaac wasn't born or even conceived yet) Me and the Boyf went off for a romantic stroll along the beach. It was such a beautiful place:
This was the boyf after having climbed a rock. Doing his joke triumphant pose ;) I probably really shouldn't fancy him here when he's pratting about like that....but i do.......
Boys will be boys.... here he is again in another rock climbing escapade...just a little one this time though. This photo makes me happy because even after nearly 9 years together I still fancy the pants off him! ;)
This is my GORGEOUS little neice indica playing big sis to Huey when He was a baby. She was so amazing with him there was no jealousy at all. She's the boyf's older sisters little girl and she looks so like him people think she's his when we take her out!
This was the first time Huey went to a beach and touched sand! Shame the weather wasn't great that day but it still makes me smile. The adventure was all over his mischivous little face! Look at him dipping his little toe!
Huey when he was a tiny baby; He used to fall asleep ANYWHERE! :) so cute! *squish!
Here he is pretending to read the back of a playstation game case aged about 8 months. look at that naff old tv and tv unit in the background. We'd just moved into our house and money was tight, This piccy reminds me how far we've come. Haha-check out how big his Daddy's shoes are compared to him!!!
This piccy makes me laugh. Again Huey when he was much stumpier! He was actually leaning so far back he was almost level with the ground but the camera's at an angle so you can't tell very well. This photo reminds me of the trust he has in me not to let him fall! :)
This pic was taken on the train on the way home from visiting the REAL THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE. Huey loved it. He was giving his favourite toy teletubby PO a hug on the way home. All I can say is this piccy makes me go wobbly with 'awwwwww' he's just so lush. we're so lucky to have him! :D
This was the boyf's face minutes after Huey was born. Taken in the delivery room shortly after daddy clapped eyes on his baby for the first time. He looks the typical proud father.It makes me almost cry! He hadn't shaved for a couple of weeks cuz I'd been staying in hospital with pre-eclampsia and he had been spending all his time in the hospital with me and hardly been home long enough to shave!
wind forward about 3 years and we have baby number 2! Okay I know I look rough as hell here but give me some slack people, I had given birth only an hour before this was taken! My mum was watching Huey along with my brother when Izaac was being born and she brought huey to the delivery room to meet his little brother for the first time. This is the very First time Huey met izaac and they've been inseperable ever since. This was the day my family became complete!
Huey loves being outside. This was a day I took the boys on a coach trip out to a family fun event. He was having so much fun. at the end of the day he said; 'mummy my cheeks hurt.' I said 'oh dear, what's wrong? did you bite them by accident?' he said 'no, i fink it's fwom smiling too much all the times!'
This is the first time Huey held a bunny. This was at an animal mania event and he loved it. He was so gentle with it. He said 'look mummy this is how you hold a baby' I was a very proud mummy that day! :)
This is a recent pic of my mum with the boys. we were all flustered because we'd been dancing around the living room. The dots on faces were stickers which meant you were 'allowed' to dance!
This photo makes me feel like I want to curl up inside it. Izaac adores his big brother and Huey adores him right back! Here Izaac is going in for a kiss and Huey is more than happy to oblige! They are so close. we couldn't ask for the boys to have a better relationship!
Having a sweeet treat after a hard days play! They look so alike! If anyone had told me 5 years ago I'd have these two amazingly gorgeous little rascals I'd never have believed them.
Huey having fun in the sandpit that visited our city park this summer! He looks so like his Daddy. I look at my boyfriend every day and think 'I'm so glad your the father of my children' this photo just reminds me of that fact! Both my boys have their Daddy's gorgeous blue eyes!
This is me with izaac the first day he ever touched sand! He LOVED it!! He was squeeling so much all the old dears were stopping to have a coo at him!
Again me with the boys at the park. This was the day Izaac took his first few wobbly steps on his own! I felt like a mother of 2 not a mother of one boy and a baby... know what I mean? I like this photo because it was a great day. Huey was knackered from all the rides at the fair and I look like a mum. I don't normally see it in myself. I always think because I look so young that people are judging me as a scummy mummy or somthing but here I look like a proper mum whilst still retaining the essence of me! Am I even making any sense any more?
Huey learning to ride his bike! We tried the whole taking one stabeliser off thing! tee hee!
Ahhh... I LOVE this photo. Me and the boyf have been fans of the band REEF for a LOOOOOONNNNGGG time! they reformed earlier this year and we were lucky enough to get VIP tickets and meet them! It was such a laugh!
This is my boyf with izaac. I love it! Daddy with his boy! he's such a great Dad! He's amazing. I wish I'd had a Dad like him when I was little. :)
Here Is Huey with his baby bro the next day in hospital. Izaac had to be transferred to the children's ward where he stayed on and off for the next few weeks. For a while we thought we were going to loose him. He had a rare and complex blood disorder and they were concerned he would bleed into his brain. It was such a devestating time and I was seperated from Huey for a lot of it because I had to stay in hospital with izaac as I was breast feeding. I don't know how we coped! Well I do. With a LOT of support from my mum who was brilliant! Thank god Izaac is fine now. We are so lucky and greatful to have him. This photo was taken after we received the bad news but I Like it because it reminds me of how lucky we were that we got to take our baby home after all we went through, when so many parents don't.
Huey's first sparkler!Just look at his chuffed little face. it lit up both literally and figuratively. 'nuff said.
This is me with the little sister and brother in law recreating a Harry potter film poster; Such a laugh and not a bad attempt. We were at our neices 1st birthday party. we were using cocktail sticks for wands ha! see if you can guess who's who....?
This was taken aproximatley 2-3years before Huey was born. I was about 18 . That's the boyf on the top stair, his sis below. below left of her is their bro, next to him one of the boyf's best mates and bassist in his band. Then me and the sis in laws mate.(L-R)standing on the bottom step is The Boyf's half bro and sitting on bottom step next to him is his mate. Standing to the right of the stairs is the boyf's best mate, drummer and brother of the bassist. Did you get all that? Oh yeah... and apart from 2, (the half bro and his mate at the bottom) we all went to school together. That's why I like it. They've always felt like my family :)
Saturday, 21 August 2010
1. Do you have any pets? Not exactly... we have 2 'goldfish'.... Actually we have an empty tank in the kitchen with water and gravel and a little boat in it that used to house 2 goldfish who tragically died a couple of months ago. I think they suffocated in that extreme hot weather we had a while back but unfortunatley we havn't got around to replacing them yet so I keep telling Huey (my 4 year old who starts school this september-yikes!) they're 'sleeping' in their little boat thing. He keeps dragging a chair over from the kitchen table and trying to have a look.... He asked me why they're always sleeping and I said it's because they're lazy! Yesterday, after watching a wildlife programme about bears on CBBC, he came in to the kitchen and told me; 'Mummy, My fishies aren't being lazy they're Hyber-lating!!'
2. Name 3 things that are physically close to you. 1 is Huey's 3/4 size acoustic guitar which he plays e minor on and now thinks he's better than Daddy... 2 is a jug of dead flowers I keep looking at and meaning to put in the composter but not quite getting around to it... and 3 is the digital TV remote.
3. What's the weather like right now? BLAH :-( (it's been monsoon season today)
4. Do you drive? No but one of us really needs to. with 2 kids it's no joke doing the family shop. I can't push a buggy and a trolly round the supermarket!
5. What time did you wake up this morning? 7am ish. To the sound of Huey yelling 'I'm fiiii-niiiished!! from the toilet after doing his morning number two! Lovely!
6. When was the last time you showered? Yesterday. I know it's gross but that's actually quite good for me. Time for Showering has become somthing of a luxury since having the boys!
7. What was the last movie you saw? The Matrix.... I used to think the 'special' effects were good ha!
8. What does your last text message say? It's an update ffrom my Bank about my balance which needless to say is private!
9. What's your ringtone? Boring. It's the least cheesy one that came with the phone and isn't plain old 'ring-ring'
10. Have you ever been to a different country? Several. Portugal, New York, Amsterdam (well that's a city not a country, I meant to say Holland) Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, (WALES Tee Hee!) But not for some years *Sigh! I went travelling in my gap year when I was 19 so 5 years since the old passport got a bashing!
11. Do you like sushi? Yes I LURVE it!! I would eat it all the time if it wasn't so expensive!
12. Where do you buy your groceries? Asda, Co-Op, Lidl, Tesco... in that order or frequency too if you must know!
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster? Does Kalms count?
14. How many siblings do you have? One Actual Sibling. My brother-older (but you wouldn't believe it) and my brother from another mother- well sister actually, my little cousin who is 16 and I love her to bits...
15. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Lappy Toppy
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 25... quarter of a century hmmm!
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Neither although I probably should wear glasses!
18. Do you color your hair? Sometimes I whack on a bit of blue or red or pink but not for a couple of years!
19. Tell me something you are planning to do today. There's no today left its 10.38pm! But today we took the boys to a climbing softland with lots of slides and tunnels and then burger king after for a treat (or guilty sin)
20. When was the last time you cried? I cry at water aid and oxfam adverts all the time then I write down the number and set up a direct debit to donate monthly. I'm such a sucker. Half my tax credits go to charities... The last time I rang up to give to NSPCC after seeing an advert the girl on the end of the phone went through all the procedures to seet up my donations and then said 'we've already got you listed!' I'd already been donating £3 a month for 3 years! I also gove to Cancer research Uk, Great Ormund street hospital, Wateraid, RSPCA and Oxfam although I probably shouldn't as we're on Tax credits and practically a charity ourselves!
21. What is your perfect pizza topping? Cheese and tomato with pineapple, olives, mushrooms, BBQ chicken and sweetcorn. mmmmm I'm salivating now!
22. Which do you prefer-hamburgers or cheeseburgers? Cheeseburgers... a hamburger is just a cheeseburger without the cheese!
23. Have you ever had an all-nighter? Yes. When me and the boyf were in school I used to stay at his house most weekends and we'd stay up all night talking about life, the universe and everything (and no I'm not referring to the book!)
24. What is your eye color? Green/Grey
25. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke? Yes! Pepsi all the way!
Friday, 20 August 2010
Winston Chirchill's retort; 'Madam, If you were my wife I would drink it.'
Such an eloquent era, where the 'yo mama...'s were witty and dignified!
Then there's the poem in Tank Girl; 'Laugh you piece of Dental Floss you burn me toast..' That is but one line but it sums up the poem quite well... I laughed till I needed to wee!
Then of course if you're struggling to find somthing to say you can always fall back on a well educated, enlightening and thought provoking modern classic.... who the hell am I kidding? It's got to be GHOST BUSTERS
Peter to Eagon; 'Remember the time you tried to drill a hole through your head?'
Eagon to Peter; 'That would've worked if you hadn't stopped me.'
My boyfriend keeps playing Pro Evolution 2009 on Ps2 (yes, we're still old school PS3s do cost a lot of penolas you know!) It has a rather small selection of tracks on it that loop around on rotation. Nedless to say with the amount of time he spends playing it I have grown to either really love or really hate (mostly hate) some of the tracks by now. One in particuar is a random band (who I have no idea of the name of as they aren't credited) who have the most obnoxious line in one of their songs...... it goes like this; 'you're smiling too loud..'
That's it. That's the line. But I hate it so much I want to burn the Game Disc. I bet they thought they were being really poetically clever when they wrote that... eaurgh! it's disgusting! (a bit strong?)
Thursday, 19 August 2010
Wednesday, 18 August 2010
Tuesday, 17 August 2010
I am a lady or variety. And I am fortunate to have in my posession no less that 63 lipsticks and 17 lipglosses and about 12 other (lip pencils and the like) this doesn't even count tinted lip balms...and the collection is still growing. My love affair with all products lippy stems from my lack of actually lip mass and my need to draw more attention to the area as the afore mentioned lips fail to do this task on their own. So as you can imagine I wear a different product on my lips nearly everyday, according to my mood or style phase. But over the last couple of months the ONLY thing I found myself reaching for time and time again is the BODY SHOP lip click. I bout it on a whim for £1 in the sale thinking, 'I don't much like the look of this but for a quid I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.' Glad I did because I fell in love.
Sadly last wednesday I took the boys on a coach trip to a family fun filled day in a park with bouncy casltes and donkeys and face painting and other such treats (where it rained like Noah would need to bring his Arc back out of the BIG Yellow Storage). This was all good fun. BUT unfortunatley I took my lip click with me in case I needed re-touching (somthing I never do!!-EVER!!!) and I remember thinking as I felt it in my jeans back pocket (silly silly place!!) that I needed-to-move-it-somewhere-safer-because-I-could-invisage-it-falling-out-without-me-noticing-and-then-I'd-lose-it-which-is-somthing-I-really-don't-wanna-do-and....(deep breath) YOU guessed it... that's EXACTLY what I did! :(
I went into the body shop on saturday to ask if they had any more in storage lurking out the back somewhere and the manager told me she had boxes upon boxes with unlabled contents that she wouldn't know where to begin looking and my best bet was to wait until after xmas when they MIGHT bring out surplus stock. Check out the key word in that sentence. MIGHT.
I was going for a 'Natural-lit from within' feel..... see what you think...;
And here's for the silly face while trying to capture the pretty shine :) (you're allowed to laugh!)
Shame I didn't do anything with the hair but oh well, 15 minutes is practically thievery from a childs day when they're busy with lots of playing to do haha!
and ladies and gentlemen the star of the show, please welcome...