About Me

My photo
I am a full- time mum of 2 under 4year olds! I have a 'little' obsession with makeup. I don't even have to wear it. I just like having it!

Vintagestarglam.

I'm a twenty somthing with a 'mild' obsession with makeup and clothes. Here you will be able to see my attempts to organise the Chaos of my erratic mind and condense it's contents onto these virtual pages of LUST LISTS....

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Stubborn insomniac


If you want to wake me up in the morning do it with one of these;

preferably full of tea. White, 2 sugars. Then sit on the edge of the bed and remind me that it is going cold and I need to drink it. OR ELSE I WILL SLEEPILY SAY 'THANKYOU' THEN LIE BACK DOWN AND NOD STRAIGHT BACK OFF TO BEDFORDSHIRE. comprende?


It's fair to say I am not a morning person. It's not even due to the fact that I have a nearly 4 year old to run around after and a just turned 1 year old (who still wakes up to 8 times a night!!!)

Even before I had children I found it defficult to get up in the morning. It's almost as if I've entered into hibernation or some sort of comatose state.


I spend hours lying awake in bed at night when I'm supposed to be sleeping, thinking about all the things I'd rather be doing at that moment. Things I don't have time for in the day. Such as fils to watch, books to read, lists to write etc etc. Then come 7am, I suddenly find the bed and pillows extremely comfortable. The sunlight pouring through the blinds, soothing. Suddenly, I can sleep like a rock. (and believe me, it's like trying to wake a rock)


When I was at school, on a school morning I could sleep for hours. I'd drag myself out of bed at the last minute, Getting dressed partly in the car on the way there. I'd rush straight to the girls toilets upon arrival to do hair and makeup then over the the cafeteria to eat the breakfast I'd brought with me.

However, If for some reason I had the day off when I wasn't expecting it, i.e I'd successfully pulled a sicky or there was an inset day I'd forgotten about, I for some inexplicable reason couldn't sleep. I could not lie in no matter how hard I tried.


I have come to the conclusion that I can only sleep when I'm not supposed to. And can't sleep when I know I am. I know I can be stubborn, but come on this is rediculous! Seriously? Is my stubborness really run that deep that can't sleep because I'm 'supposed to', even when I want to?


What is the solution then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog