About Me

My photo
I am a full- time mum of 2 under 4year olds! I have a 'little' obsession with makeup. I don't even have to wear it. I just like having it!

Vintagestarglam.

I'm a twenty somthing with a 'mild' obsession with makeup and clothes. Here you will be able to see my attempts to organise the Chaos of my erratic mind and condense it's contents onto these virtual pages of LUST LISTS....

Friday 27 January 2012

Deco dresses!



The theme, if you can call it a theme, for our wedding is Art Deco. I say theme, but it's not fancy dress or anything. Basically we have taken inspiration from the era in terms of dress and
decoration. Style wise I have always had a penchant for vintage. In particular the 20s 30s and 70s. i love the indi, boho and rocker looks for everyday casual dress but whenever it comes to something formal I have always gone with a nod towards a more decadent era and to me the 20s embodies the pure luxury and self-indulgence as well as the self expression I associate with
weddings. It made perfect sense for us to take inspiration from the glamour and fun from the 20s.

Moving on then to the dress I will be wearing for my Hen do;


I won this on ebay. It is almost 100 years old yet it still has all the beads!! there was a teeny tiny hole on one of the shoulders which I have repaired and now it is perfect!
I am so excited to wear this. We havn't decided what we are doing for the actual do itself yet, but I know what I'll be wearing! The dress is sheer so I have bought a couple of slips from Marks and Spencers to go underneath. One is Nude and the other is Black. I havn't decided which one I will put underneath yet though. I am currently on the hunt for the perfect pair of T-bar shoes to go
with it.
My lovely mother suggested these;

Teatro Helga Bugle Bead Trim Shoe from Littlewoods.

Unfortunately they were discontinued before I could make up my mind!
The heel can't be too high as I am rubbish with heels and I need to be able to wear them all night and dance in them.
The search continues.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog